Point Central Integration and Setup
Point Central is a smart home automation platform including keyless and remote entry.
How the Point Central/VRScheduler Integration Works:
1. A guest enters their check out key code into the Point Central lock upon checkout, and a notification is sent to VRScheduler
2. VRScheduler logic verifies that there is a checkout scheduled that day.
3. If the scheduled checkout time is in the future, the checkout time is updated to the current time and any tasks scheduled for checkout are rescheduled to the current time.
4. If the scheduled checkout time is in the future, Notifications are sent to Administrators and Staff per the settings entered (see below)
5. Property Status is updated to the Checked Out status
How to Setup VRScheduler within VRScheduler
STEP 1: Turn on Point Central
Navigate to Setup --> System Settings
Check Integrate Point Central
STEP 2: Adjust Notification Settings
Navigate to Setup --> Administrator Notifications.
Choose the Administrator to receive the check-out notifications, and click the Edit button
Update the Checked-Out setting.
Navigate to Setup --> Staff and Owner Notifications
Click the Edit all Task Alerts button
Choose which services to notify the assigned Staff, and adjust settings under Checkout.
STEP 3: Enter the Point Central CustomerID's for each Property
Request an export of your property CustomerID's from your account rep at point central.
Navigate to Setup --> Properties
For each Property:
Click Edit (the pencil icon)
Enter the Point Central CustomerID into the Point Central Customer ID field.
Upon save the connection to Point Central is created and notification will begin for this property.