Booking Tags are used by the Task Rules to add and remove Tasks from the calendars; A booking that has a PoolHeat Tag can generate a Task to Turn On Pool Heat one calendar day before Check-In.
Define Bookings Tags
Three Ways to Enter Booking Tags
- Enter the Tags manually for bookings on the Booking Detail Pop-Up Window.
- Grey Navigation Bar → Bookings →Click on the Booking
- Master Calendar → Click on Booking
- Enter the Comma Delimited Booking Tags into the Booking Tag Field. See the example below.
Enter the Booking Tags Using iCal Reservations
- Enter the Booking Tag Name into the Guest Name Field for each iCal reservation (AirBnB, VRBO, etc).
- Log into AirBnB, VRBO → Change the name of the Guest or add a comma and the Tag (John, #Poolheat).
Enter the Booking Tag Using PMS Software
For properties that are importing bookings via API. You might be able to enter tags into the Notes field in your PMS Software. See Article to determine how your PMS software integrates. Link to Booking Tags using PM Software Notes article.
Add Booking Tags in VRScheduler System Settings
- In VRScheduler go to Setup → System Settings
- In the Tags field make a comma-delimited list of the Booking Tags.
- Click Save. Bookings will now be imported with Booking Tags found in the Booking Detail, the iCal Guest Name or thePMS reservation Notes.
Edit Task Rules to Utilize Booking Tags
- To add and remove tasks from your calendar automatically in Setup → Task Rules →Edit or Add
- Scroll Down to Scheduling Detail Per Booking Section and enter Tags in the appropriate field.
In this example, Tasks would only be created for a reservation tagged with #PoolHeat.
OR Show imported booking tags on the Staff Dashboard for Tasks generated by this Task Rule
Review Booking Tags
2. Ensure the Task Rule is working by viewing the Master Calendar for the correct Tasks.