In VRScheduler you can enter all of the different properties you service. Properties can include different types of locations such as private homes, commercial properties, and/or residential homes in addition to all of the vacation rentals you service. Add every type of property into the system so that you can do all of your scheduling in one place.
Add Properties to VRScheduler
Properties can be imported automatically or manually entered. See Adding Properties
Add Property Information
- Assign a Property Name. This name will be used throughout the program to refer to this property.
- Assign a Property Abbreviation. The abbreviation is used in the drag and drop scheduling calendar to conserve space on the taskbars it must be unique and should not be the same as the Property Name.
- Enter the Property Address. The address is shown on Employee Dashboard under the Property Tab. The address is used to populate the map link if Latitude and Longitude are left blank.
- Staff Dashboard Notes can be added per Property; Staff Dashboard Note. Example: "Always Use the Back Door" will show on every Task for that Property.
- Enter Property Latitude and Longitude. Latitude and Longitude are used to populate map link, and to calculate the distance from the property if Employee GPS Tracking is turned on.
- Choose a Region from the dropdown menu. Assign properties into a color-coded physical region for visual scheduling aid to keep employee's route optimized.
Tip: Use Google maps to find the coordinates of a specific location. Link here: https://support.google.
Tip: Assign employees tasks within the same region to decrease driving times between tasks.
7. Edit Default Check In/Out Times. Bookings imported for this property will be prefilled with these default check-in and checkout times. These times dictate when check-in and check-out constrained tasks can be started or become overdue. You can override this setting per booking to accommodate early or late Check-In/Outs.
Tip: VRScheduler integrates with Home Automation software (Operto, Point Central, BeHome 247) to automatically adjust the checkout time in real-time. If you use one of these systems, please indicate that in Setup --> System Settings, and the fields will appear on the Setup --> Properties page.
- Attach Property File (optional). You can upload a PDF file. This file will appear in the Employee Dashboards in the Info Tab for every task assigned to this property.
- Enter a Description or Property Notes. These notes will appear in the Employee Dashboards in the Info Tab for every task assigned to this property.
- Add Internal Notes for the property. Notes will appear on the Master Calendar in the Property Folder (small gray folder next to the property name). The property record can also be accessed from the Actions button in the folder. If an employee has administrative access, this information is available from their mobile dashboards as well.
- Enter Owner Information (Optional). Owners can enter owner bookings, received messages when services are complete, and view service history on their own dashboards. Owners can only be entered in the property screen. Once they are entered, edit each owner's dashboard settings and permissions in Setup --> Owners.
- Determine Administrative, Staff, and Vendor Access settings. These allow you to set which employees and vendors are able to see bookings, have access to the property settings and/or get notifications/alerts. Employees and Vendors given access can view bookings for this property on their dashboards.
- Add or update Booking Import settings. If this property is connected via API, you will not need to enter in booking import settings. Otherwise, you will follow the prompts in this section to enter in the information on how VRScheduler will import your bookings. If you are importing bookings from AirBnB, Homeaway/VRBO, or other booking sites directly, you can visit our integrations section to learn how to gather iCal links to enter into these fields.
Assign and Attach Task Rules
- Check the Task Rules you wish to provide to each property. For example, if the Task Rule is a Hot Tub Clean and the property has a hot tub, you would check the box to autogenerate the task of cleaning the hot tub at this property.
- Enter Labor and Materials amounts if applicable
- Set Minimum and Maximum Time estimate. These estimates will be totaled on the scheduling page to determine how many hours are scheduled for each employee per day
- Choose # On Team. For team services (team cleans), you can assign each person tasks. This will add a 2nd task box to the scheduling calendar and allow the task to appear on both employee's dashboards.
- Choose Default Employee assignments. This will auto-assign the task to up to 4 employee(s) as soon as a booking is made. Tasks can be reassigned, if needed, in the scheduling calendar.
- Set up Piece Pay if applicable. Enter either an hour or dollar amount, however, we recommend if you enter hours, be sure to enter hours everywhere, and same for dollars - so that your reporting is accurate.
- Use the icons to the right of each property record to Edit, Add and Manage Images, Videos and Pdfs, Manage House Item and Utility information, View the Property Folder, or Make Inactive.
- After the initial set up of a property, you can adjust the Service Assignments in Setup → Task Rules