This article covers Staff Setup including the following topics:
- Add Staff
- Staff Communication
- Assign Administrative Access
- Assign Properties to Staff
- Standard Work Days
- Calendar Notes
- Staff Dashboard
- Unscheduled Tasks and Issues Form
- Task List Auto Notifications via Email
- Booking List
- Choose Properties to show up on the Booking List
Staff is any entity that can be assigned and complete tasks through a mobile dashboard.
Review and edit Staff information after Setup in Manage → Staff
Add Staff Information
- Go to the White Navigation Bar → Setup → Staff
- Click +Add Staff.
Enter Staff Communication Fields
- Enter the Staff Name. The name entered in this field is used throughout the program on the staff dashboard, master calendar, vendor dashboards, reports etc.
- Enter the Staff's Email address.
- Enter the Staff's Mobile Phone number.
- Enter a Staff Abbreviation. This abbreviation is shown on the master calendar.
- Select Maintenance Staff Options. Checking a Maintenance Issue or Damage Issues box will send a notification to this staff member when specified other staff submit an issue on their dashboard.
- Check all the Staff Groups (Department, Tags, and Region) in which this staff will ever be assigned tasks. This information is used by the Sticky Filter feature on your Scheduling Calendar.
Administrative Access Area
- Check the Allow Administration Area Access to enable this Staff member to view other Staff's task assignments. Once Allow Administration Area Access is checked then the Administrative Access Details page will appear.
- Choose and enter a Password.
- Choose what areas of the site this Staff member can Access. Based on your selections the staff will have different levels of access from their Dashboard Navigation Bar. For example, Ann Mason has full administrative access from her mobile dashboard, and Shandra Shaw has limited access from her mobile dashboard:
Assign White Navigation Bar Access
- Check Manage for the Staff to view everything in the manage navigation bar, including the ability to impersonate all Staff, vendors, and owners.
- Check Reports for the Staff to view and manage all reports. Editing of past tasks and bookings may be allowed per below settings (Bookings, Edit Tasks, Edit Notes).
- Check Accounting for the Staff to view and manage all items in Accounts (including billing).
Assign Grey Navigation Bar Access
- Check Issues for the Staff to manage issues, including Send to Vendors and creating One-Off Tasks.
- Check Time Tracking for the Staff to Edit and Adjust Hours.
- Check Quick Reports for the Staff to view and Print Quick Reports.
- Check Scheduling and Calendar List for the Staff to view Scheduling and Calendar List and give them the ability to search, Print and Send Tasks Lists. This will not allow them to edit tasks or perform drag and drop unless given additional access.
- Check Master Calendar for the Staff to view the Master Calendar on their dashboard. This does not give access to Edit Bookings or Tasks unless Bookings is also checked or Edit Tasks or Edit Notes is checked.
- Check Bookings for the Staff to be able to Add and Adjust Bookings.
Assign Additional Access
- Check Drag and Drop to enable the Staff to Drag and Drop in the Scheduling Calendar.
- Check Edit Tasks to give the Staff global access in all screens that have links to edit tasks (Master Calendar, Scheduling Calendar, Manage areas, and Reports).
- Check Edit Notes to give the Staff global to all screens that have links to Edit Tasks and Bookings. If the user is not allowed to Edit Tasks or Manage Bookings, they can still edit ONLY the notes in these areas.
Staff and Vendors
Check the Staff and vendor dashboard's to whom this administrator will have access. The main administrator will always have access to all employee dashboards.
Check the properties this administrator can view on their dashboard.
Standard Work Days
Standard Work Days allow the scheduler to set up standard days off. In most cases, you should leave all days checked. Many tasks have a multiple day completion window and can be rescheduled to a working day for the assigned Staff. Days unchecked will have a grey background in the Scheduling Calendar and will not allow scheduling, nor auto-assignments. If an auto-assigned task occurs on a day the Staff is not scheduled then it will be assigned to the backup employee assigned or go into the unassigned column for manual scheduling.
Calendar notes are very helpful when scheduling and can also be used to highlight standard days off or other scheduling conflicts. Examples of notes include: OFF, Starts work at 10:00, Works with Daughter. For details read Calendar Notes.
Check the boxes in this list to customize the information available on this Staff 's dashboard. Options include Guest Name, Guest Email and Phone Number, Number of Guests (Pets and people), Task Time Estimates (so they know how long the task should take), Ability to Change Task Date, Property Issues, Time Tracking including Milage Reporting and GPS Reporting, Task Accept/Decline, and the number of days ahead this employee can view their assigned Task Schedule.
Unscheduled Tasks and Issues Form
Task List Auto Notifications via Email
Choose if and when to automate sending Task Lists to your Staff via email.
We recommend to send these lists out manually through View and Send Task Lists. However, if you are confident in your schedule, you can auto send them out.
- Choose the number of booking days you would like the Staff to view on their dashboard.
- Set-up the schedule (frequency and timing) to email this Staff member the booking list for assigned properties. Auto-send weekly or monthly booking lists on a set number of days before the booking dates. Any new bookings that come in after the email, but within the date range will be auto-send to the Staff highlighted within the list.
- New bookings will already show up on the Staff dashboard for properties they access but this Staff member will not be notified via email unless Email Booking List is checked. You can send notifications through Administrator Notifications. We suggest you do not use this special application.
Choose Properties to Include
Check the properties to include in the booking list that appears on this staff's dashboard.