The Issue page is designed to ensure that no issues slip through the cracks. Issues can be easily viewed, tracked and managed by designated staff at designated properties. Field and office access to the Issues page is a
Access Issues Form
There are multiple ways to add issues.
- Setup → Issues → Add Issues button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Scheduling Calendar → db link in Staff Column → Expand → Click on Issues Form
- Scheduling Calendar →
dblink in Staff Column → Accept → Start Task → Click on Issues Form
- Create an Issue Name.
- Description the Issue including known details that may be needed to solve the issue.
- Select and check the box(es) that best summarizes the Issue Type.
- Upload images by choosing and uploading the file from a phone photo app.
Setup Staff to Manage Issues.
Viewing and managing Issues is a responsibility assigned to specific staff.
- Setup → Staff
- Check Allow Administration Area Access in Administrative Access area → Check Issues in the Access Grey Navigation Area.
- Click Save.
Managing Issues can be accomplished from the Issue page at Administrative Site (if on the mobile phone) → Setup → Issues.
The status of an Issue is a visual reference tool for managers to see the current standing of an issue.
- The status defaults to New when issues are reported.
- In Progress is used for issues that have been assigned or are in any other way progressing.
- On Hold is for issues that are on hold.
- Cataloged can be used as a creative bucket or can allow users to catalog an issue they are managing through other software. For example, properties needing gutter repair in the spring are tracked in a to-do list in Slack. In April the slack list is sent to Gutter Guy and he completes the jobs. Once the issues are resolved they are closed in VRScheduler.
The Manage button presents five options for resolving the issue.
Send to Vendor/Owner both open a window to quickly send the issue to a vendor via email. The date, time and recipient of the email will automatically be added to the Issues Page.
Add Standard or One-Off Task will add a new Task to the Scheduling Calendar and on the staff dashboard. Additionally once a Task has been created the action will be displayed on the issue page. Please read Add Standard or One-Off Task Article for more information.
Click into the task from the open link icon (shown above) to ensure staff is assigned.
Add Multiple Tasks will add multiple Tasks to the same property.
- Use the dropdown menu to Fill in Task Name then add the Start and End Date to clarify the time window available to complete the Task (notice the upcoming bookings for the property at the bottom of the page).
- Click Save.
Close removes the issue from this screen, and removes the damage, maintenance or lost and found will flag from the property. If you close an issue by mistake, you can reopen it through reports.
Edit allows the user to add additional notes and adjust the details.
Delete removes the issue permanently.